Energizer Resources Inc. (TSX:EGZ)(OTCQB:ENZR)(WKN:A1CXW3) ("Energizer" or the "Company") announces the results of the Annual and Special Meeting of its stockholders (the "Meeting") held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on December 22, 2015. All resolutions were passed with the required majorities.
Resolution 1: At the meeting, the shareholders elected the following persons (with the below corresponding voting percentages of the votes cast) to serve as directors of the Company:
- V. Peter Harder (94.14% voted "for", 5.86% withhold)
- John Sanderson (94.16% voted "for", 5.84% withhold)
- Craig Scherba (95.14% voted "for", 4.86% withhold)
- Quentin Yarie (93.89% voted "for", 6.11% withhold)
- Robin Borley (94.12% voted "for", 5.88% withhold)
- Albert A. Thiess, Jr. (93.87% voted "for", 6.13% withhold)
- Dean Comand (94.16% voted "for", 5.84% withhold)
- Dalton Larson (94.19% voted "for", 5.81% withhold)
Each director will hold his office for a term expiring at the next annual meeting of stockholders or until his successor is duly elected and qualified.
The following are the results of the other matters presented at the Meeting. The percentages noted below are the "For" votes and expressed as a percentage of the total votes cast.
- Resolution 2: Approved the Company's amended stock option plan (82% voted "for", 16% voted "against", 2% withhold); and
- Resolution 3: Ratified the appointment of MNP LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016 and authorized the directors to fix remuneration (91% voted "for", 8% voted "against", 1% withhold); and
- Resolution 4: Approved, on a non-binding basis, executive officer compensation through the "say-on-pay" resolution (86% voted "for", 7% voted "against", 7% withhold).
Following the Meeting, the Board of Directors of the Company approved the reappointment of the following executive officers:
- V. Peter Harder as Chairman of the Board
- John Sanderson as Vice Chairman of the Board
- Craig Scherba as President and Chief Executive Officer
- Marc Johnson as Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President
- Brent Nykoliation, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development
- Robin Borley, Senior Vice President, Mine Development
About Energizer Resources
Energizer Resources is a mineral exploration and mine development company based in Toronto, Canada, that is developing its 100%-owned, flagship Molo Graphite Project in southern Madagascar.
For further information contact:
Brent Nykoliation, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development: +1.416.364.4911
or Craig Scherba, President and COO: email@example.com
Safe Harbour: This press release contains statements that may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of applicable Canadian and United States securities legislation. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are related to future test results and product analysis, the use of the Molo concentrate, further discussions regarding potential off take agreements and the expanded graphite and graphite foil market in general are based on current expectations, estimates and assumptions that involve a number of risks, which could cause actual results to vary and in some instances to differ materially from those anticipated by the Company and described in the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. No assurance can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will transpire or occur or, if any of them do so, what benefits the Company will derive there from. The forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as at the date of this news release and the Company does not undertake any obligation to update publicly or to revise any of the forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by applicable securities laws.